Morgan (Mo) Heim
MA - Environmental Journalism, BS - Zoology
Once upon a time, Morgan spent her days studying things like dam removal or how killer whales communicate in the dark waters of British Columbia. Now, she's a science groupie, working with researchers, NGOs and media outlets to connect nature's stories with broader audiences.
She loves helping wildlife…and people, and wants them to do a better job of living together. She does this by creating photographs and films that weave together the stories of wildlife and humans sharing our planet.
Mo is a Senior Fellow with the International League of Conservation Photographers and a former board member of the North American Nature Photography Association. In 2016, she became a National Geographic grantee for her collaborative project on urban coyotes. Her photos and writing appears in outlets, such as BBC Wildlife, Smithsonian, Nature Conservancy and World Wildlife Magazine. Her film collaborations have appeared in Banff Mountain Film Festival, Adventure Film, Telluride, the International Wildlife Film Festival, and G2 Green Earth Festival. In 2016, The Snow Guardian received second place recognition in the Film4Climate Competition in associate with COP23 and has since gone viral.
She also likes to support budding storytellers! Mo leads workshops on photography and filmmaking all over the world, and offers trainings to help get your own projects off the ground. Check out the latest workshop schedule to see how you can enhance your skill sets and also explore somewhere fun!
REPRESENTED BY: Tandem Stills + Motion
- Faculty, Rich Clarkson Summit Workshop, Nature and Wildlife, 2017
- Best Editing, International Wildlife Film Festival, The End of Snow, 2017
- 2nd Place, Film4Climate Competition, The Snow Guardian, 2016
- Invited Speaker, Annenberg Space for Photography, 2016
- National Geographic Expeditions Council Co-Grantee, urban coyotes, 2016
- 1st Place, Conservation Photography, Big Picture Natural World Photography Competition
- 2014 - TEDx Vail Women 2013 - Speaker "Fishing Cats & the Foolish Girl's Guide to Success"
- Fund for Environmental Journalism, Society of Environmental Journalists, 2014
- Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year - Semifinalist Photojournalism, 2014
- Missouri Photo Workshop 64 - Student, 2012
- Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year - Semifinalist 2013, 2012
- Scholarship Recipient, Rich Clarkson Summit Workshop, 2008
- College Scholarship Recipient, NANPA, 2008
Represented by Tandem Stills + Motion